Energizer Holdings, Inc. Senior Plant Accountant in Asheboro, North Carolina
This is Energizer
We’re leading the charge as the new Energizer, connecting our brands, our people and the products we offer the world. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our 5,000 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Senior Plant Accountant will be an integral part of the Asheboro 1 Packaging plant management team with significant visibility to many other departments within the organization. Primary duties will be to lead the month-end closing and annual budget processes, as well as functioning as one of the user experts for SAP GEMS.
· Support internal partners, other departments, management, and external parties with data and analysis requests.
· Prepare monthly closing journal entries and take ownership of investigating/resolving odd results in a timely manner.
· Prepare detailed account analysis reports for the Plant Balance Sheet.
· Monitor cost systems and inventory movements for financial reporting.
· Respond timely to both internal and external audit requests.
· Prepare some quarterly and year end reports.
· Develop a timeline with resources needed to execute the corporate budget requirements in support of developing product standard costs.
· Execute the timeline by developing departmental and location budgets and holding resources accountable to requirements.
· Drive and support continuous improvement by challenging the status quo, supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes.
· Assist in Accounting department projects that include acquisition integration and IT system implementation.
· Responsibility as a user experts for SAP GEMS gives ability to create cost centers and internal orders within SAP that correspond to the pre-determined mapping logic in order to allow cost collection in organized manner.
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
·4+ years’ experience in accounting, or staff of large Audit firm
· Proficient in understanding of US GAAP; comfortable in review and analysis of financial statements;
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Strong user of Microsoft Excel; experience with SAP
· Public accounting experience
· MBA or advanced certification (e.g. CPA, etc.)
· Experience in cost accounting and building product costs
Working Relationships & Environment
· This role will report to the Alkaline and Packaging Plant Controller. The Sr. Plant Accountant will work with all levels of exempt and non-exempt colleagues including the Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Supervisors and Hourly colleagues.
· Primary work will be at the Asheboro I plant.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow our Linked In company page to see where we're going : www.linkedin.com/company-beta/163631