Energizer Holdings, Inc. Staff Engineer, Packaging in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
We're leading the charge as the new Energizer, connecting our brands, our people and the products we offer the world. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our 5,000 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Energizer is seeking to hire a Staff Packaging Engineer for our St. Louis, Missouri location. In this position under the direction of the Global Packaging Shared Services Manager, you will work with minimal supervision to develop and manage packaging projects for various products. You will also serve as a packaging developer in support of innovation, cost savings and business continuity projects. In this position you will serve as a contributing member of cross functional business teams. You will support project management, development and manufacturability of product manufactured at global affiliates and third party suppliers for shipment to any of our global locations. You will also be responsible for monitoring progress against timelines and due dates as well as provide guidance and coaching to those assigned on a project basis.
· Manage assigned Package Development projects, working with Marketing, Logistics, Procurement, global project teams, and third party suppliers, to meet category objectives and project ship dates.
· Hold discussions during packaging team meetings; communicate technical and project management details to the project team and management.
· Provide packaging options. Develop, engineer and test packaging components and modify as necessary to meet: customer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets, manufacturing and shipping requirements.
· Provide technical input to package design process and assure package designed for manufacturing and quality acceptability.
· Execute new package designs and perform and review package component testing and qualification, working with suppliers, from engineering prints to making models/prototypes, through to unit and production tooling.
· Work effectively with Package Development (Engineers, Specialists, and Technicians), Operations, and Third Party Suppliers to assure creation of timely functional specifications.
· Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively to manage projects with Marketing, Procurement, Logistics, Operations, and Suppliers.
· Keep abreast of developments across appropriate packaging and manufacturing technologies.
· Must be able to effectively organize and manage workflow of multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
· Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging Team commitments to project scheduling.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel including many where English is not the primary language. (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Procurement, Global Affiliates, and Global Third Party Suppliers).
· Project Management Skills
o Must have ability to prioritize and organize workload on multiple projects of low-to high complexity.
o Must have ability to develop and implement schedules and ensure the engineering procedures are followed.
o Must have the ability to manage assigned projects, monitoring the status of all elements affecting the outcome of the project, ensuring project deliverables are met.
o Must have the ability to mentor Engineers, Specialists and Technicians.
o Must have the ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information via verbal presentation and in writing with management, team members, support personnel and third party suppliers.
Required Skills and Experience
· BS or MS in Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering
· Minimum of 5+ years of package development experience required, ideally with consumer products companies.
· Knowledge of packaging components and properties such as; films (thermoforming), paperboard (cards, folding cartons), corrugated materials, liquid fill materials (bottle, sprayers, labels).
· Experience dealing with packaging material suppliers.
· Experience in dealing this third party product suppliers. (preferably consumer goods product suppliers)
· Experience with performing standard test methods, such as ASTM protocols.
· Experience in the use of Microsoft office
Preferred Skills and Experience
· 2-D and 3-D drafting experience (AutoCAD and Solidworks).
· Design Software (ArtiosCAD).
· Palletization software (TOPS).
Working Relationships & Environment
· Position will report through the Global Packaging Shared Services group.
· Regular duties and project work will include interaction with various functional departments (Such as Procurement, Logistics, Marketing, and Engineering), and third party suppliers.
· Must be capable of quickly establishing relationships both internally and externally, including many international affiliates and suppliers.
· Must be a highly credible individual.
· Must exhibit a true sense of urgency in responding to customers.
· Collaboration with counterparts in all functional teams is critical.
· Assists in the development and training of Packaging Engineers, Specialists and Technicians.
· Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills.
· Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Domestic and limited international travel may be required.
· Work schedule may require flexibility due to working with contacts in various global time zones.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow our Linked In company page to see where we're going : www.linkedin.com/company-beta/163631