Energizer Engineering Intern in Asheboro, North Carolina
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Energizer Battery’s Operations and Shared Services team in Asheboro, NC are looking for college students who are pursuing a career in Engineering or related fields of study and want an opportunity to apply their coursework and talents in a world-class manufacturing environment.
Students will be provided assignments in the area(s) closest associated with their degree or skills:
• Mechanical Engineering – material handling, machine design, project management
• Electrical Engineering – control system design, PLC troubleshooting, project management
• Quality Engineering – Product standards, Training curriculum development, data analysis, project management
• Industrial Engineering – Process design & layout, Safety & Ergonomic improvements, project management
Students will be provided a mentor to guide them through their assignments and routine feedback. There will be an expectation of a final report, both oral and written on a specific project selected.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be an upper-classman pursuing their engineering or technical degree with the desire to improve Energizer’s plant operations in Asheboro, having a positive impact on the colleagues in the facility.
Other requirements include:
• Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical fields
• Engineering mindset & approach to problems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Microsoft office proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must be authorized to work full-time in the U.S.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Junior year or beyond preferred
Working Relationships & Environment
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.