Energizer Maintenance - Die Grinder in Asheboro, North Carolina
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win. Our 6.500 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. Position Summary
Energizer is looking for a Machinist (Die Grinder) to support its Asheboro, NC battery facility located on Albemarle Road. This position supports both mechanical and electrical processes, involved in an automated, high-volume battery packaging facility. If you have superior troubleshooting skills, and manufacturing experience, and you are dedicated to personal as well as organizational success we invite you to apply for this position. Accountabilities
• Interface with Engineers, Mechanics and Operators through the process of troubleshooting and problem solving • Each Machinist (Die Grinder) has a basic responsibility to ensure that the quality of the work meets established standards and specifications. * The Machinist (Die Grinder) should be familiar with the quality requirements of the job as stated in the Job Quality Analysis and will be responsible for following all quality procedures as prescribed by the quality representative of the Value Stream team. Since quality is such an important part of this job, all potential or actual quality problems must be reported to the supervisor immediately. • High standards of housekeeping are to be practiced and maintained by the mechanic at all times. Machinist's (Die Grinder's), due to the nature of the job and particular circumstances at the time, may be called upon by their supervisor to perform other tasks in connection with their jobs which may overlap with others. It is understood that in instances of this nature, the tasks as assigned will be performed in the best interest of the plant. Specific Accountabilities
• A Machinist (Die Grinder) must be capable of setting up and operating all of the machine tools used in a tool room or Maintenance Department with a minimum of guidance. This includes lathes, shapers, planers, milling machines, boring machines, surface and tool grinders, etc. • The Machinist (Die Grinder) should be capable of machining a wide variety of complicated parts for machines, tools, dies, fixtures and gauges. • The Machinist (Die Grinder) should be able to work from sketches, samples, prints and written or oral specifications. The Machinist (Die Grinder) must be familiar with the correct speeds and feeds required for machining and have a working knowledge of the properties of common metals. • A Machinist (Die Grinder) should have sufficient integrity to be able to design and fabricate simple devices with minimum guidance, after being given an outline of what is required. • It is required that the Machinist (Die Grinder) be "safety minded" at all times • May also perform additional duties as assigned Required Skills and Experience
• High School or GED equivalent Required • Three or more years’ experience as a skilled tradesperson, working in a manufacturing/industrial setting • Strong verbal and written communication is required • Computer Skills including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. • Fluent in English, verbally and written Preferred Skills and Experience
• Formal apprenticeship or vocational school training preferred Working Relationships & Environment
• Physically able to stand for extended periods of time • Able to lift up to 50lbs • Knowledgeable and competent in safety disciplines stipulated by OSHA • Candidate must be able to read and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings and schematics • Able to work independently with minimal supervision • Be willing to work any shift, and work overtime as needed • Wear all personal protective equipment (i.e., hearing protection, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, etc.) in areas where they are required. An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.