Energizer Packaging Technician in Asheboro, North Carolina
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Energizer is seeking to hire a Packaging Technician for our Asheboro, NC location. In this position, under direct supervision of more senior colleagues, you will be responsible for the execution of routine and non-routine tasks such as; BOM creation, material setups, weights and measure entries, as well as many other data entry requirements.
• Prepare documentation from data and update systems with appropriate and accurate information.
• Maintain information in existing systems with a high level of accuracy.
• Gather packaging information based on general direction with some analysis of data as required.
• Troubleshoot basic issues and assist in implementing permanent fixes to on-going issues.
• Effectively communicate, written and verbally, to colleagues within the group and customers/suppliers to achieve desired results.
• Contribute to, maintain, and communicate departmental documentation, including such items as specifications, die lines, weights & measures, bills of material, and artwork files.
• Participate in various training courses to improve both personal and area of specialty skills.
• Continually identify areas of improvement in processes.
• As a member of the Technical Support / Americas Package Development group, colleague will have a significant amount of interaction with Operations, Marketing, and Logistics.
• Duties will include project support (Go2Market) for promotional, open stock, lighting, and sourced products.
• Ownership of all system data entries for new and existing pack types.
• Review and approve artwork files.
• Creation of timely and functional packaging specifications.
Required Skills and Experience
• 3 years equivalent experience and a good fundamental understanding of higher-level mathematics and computer applications.
• Will generally have 1-2 years of experience that includes basic computer operating skills and the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
• General knowledge of job-related software applications (SAP, MS Office, Share Point).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Packaging Specifications.
• Experience participating in cross-functional teams.
Working Relationships & Environment
• Position will report through the Technical Support / Americas Package Development group.
• Regular duties and project work will include interaction with various functional departments (Such as Procurement, Logistics, Marketing, and Engineering), and material suppliers.
• Collaboration with counterparts (Packaging Engineers, Specialists, and Technicians) is critical.
• Non-supervisory position but may require assisting and training others.
• General direction provided by supervisor.
• Domestic travel may be required as needed.
• Must be capable of lifting up to 35 lbs.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.