Energizer Plant Maintenance Mechanic in Asheboro, North Carolina
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
We're leading the charge as the new Energizer, connecting our brands, our people and the products we offer the world. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future - one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our 5,000 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. Position Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. If you have superior troubleshooting skills, and manufacturing experience and you are dedicated to personal as well as organizational success, we invite you to apply for this position. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Accountabilities
Ability to respond to various equipment conditions, analyzes the situation for root cause, and applies the appropriate skill to resolve the issue. Specific Accountabilities
Repair and maintain automated equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose manufacturing equipment malfunctions and make the necessary mechanical repairs.
- Assist with assembly, setup, debugging and installation of automated machinery.
- Execute preventative maintenance activities.
- The candidate will be expected to provide equipment care leadership and colleague training on the manufacturing floor.
Must take personal pride in equipment care and providing suggestions for improvements to the manufacturing process improvements. Required Skills and Experience
Knowledge and experience with: Pneumatic valves, hydraulic systems, motors and control systems, and various sensing devices.
- Knowledge of Personal Computers.
- Understanding of applicable codes and standards relative to the field (NEC).
- Knowledgeable and competent in safety disciplines stipulated by OSHA. *Candidate must be able to read and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings and schematics. *Able to work independently with minimal supervision. *Strong verbal and written communication is required. *The candidate must have a H.S. diploma or an educational equivalent and an appropriate mix of training , education and experience with progressive employment experience in Mechanical Maintenance.
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a skilled tradesperson, working in a manufacturing/industrial setting.
- Welding, fabricating & machining.
- Be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
Able to lift 50 lbs. Preferred Skills and Experience
Work with machine operators and other mechanics.
Must be able to work both individually and as a team member. *Good communication skills with team members and management. Working Relationships & Environment
Full-time position, 40-hr week, located in Asheboro, North Carolina.
- Alternate shifts and/or overtime may be required.
- Exposure to chemicals will require the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must pass background check and drug screen. An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.