Energizer Category Development Manager in Bentonville, Arkansas
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Manager, Category Development is a subject matter expert on both the customers and categories they represent. This position serves as a key strategic leader assisting in the development and execution of the strategies & tactics that will drive both Energizer sales as well as category growth for the retailer. This role is on the Walmart Insights & Analytics team supporting US commercial activities.
• Category / Industry Expertise
• Leads assessment, analysis, & insight generation
• Direct account responsibility with regular customer face-to-face meetings
• Owns category management / analytics
• Contributes as a member of the Insights & Analytics team supporting the Sales goals of both Energizer and the customer through both Category and Retail components
• Responsible for reporting, commentary, market landscape reviews (among others), and maintaining a constant and firm grip on happenings within the applicable categories
• Collaborates both internally and externally with the Energizer commercial organization and Walmart U.S. buyers on strategy and retail development
• Represents category and customer at broader, internal cross-functional team meetings
• May also perform additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3 to 4 years customer facing Sales and/or Category Management experience
• BA/BS required, Marketing/Business Administration preferred
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
• Experienced in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Power Point, Access)
• Experience in developing & delivering compelling selling stories / presentations
• Ability to build relationships
• Experience with Retail Link as well as third party data providers (IRI/Nielsen/NPD/etc.)
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Proficiency in JDA space planning software
• Consumer Products background
• Project management / prioritization with demonstrable history of past successes
Working Relationships & Environment
• Customer Category Manager/Buyer/3rd Party Retail Provider – Primary
• Sales, Trade Marketing, Marketing, Shopper Activation, & Retail – Primary
• Reports to Sr. Manager – Category Management - Walmart
• Travel Requirements less than 10% to St. Louis, Missouri.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.