Energizer Financial Analyst - Manufacturing in Dayton, Ohio
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Director of Finance Operations. They will be responsible for partnering with assigned areas for cost center spending and review. They will also help track the actual cost vs standard cost of transportation spend for both inbound and outbound freight. The Financial Analyst will be expected to maintain, improve and challenge all aspects of this position, while ensuring all compliance with policies and procedures.
• Partner with Distribution and Transportation team in Dayton to provide pertinent data to establish Operational and Financial goal alignment and drive toward results.
• Provide analysis utilizing key Operational KPIs to support financial reporting and variances.
• Work with Distribution and Transportation Leaders of each area within site to create Annual Operational Budget and maintain monthly forecast. Report and analyze monthly Distribution and Transportation variances.
• Maintain and report out monthly cycle counts results. Work with inventory control team to eliminate annual physical inventory.
• Manage, recommend and assist with capital budgets, along with Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR) creation and tracking of cost, benefits and approvals.
• Perform financial closing process for Distribution and Transportation to ensure accurate reporting, accruals, Month to Month Walk from AOP and Forecast to actual.
• Maintains Operational understanding of the value streams within Distribution and Transportation and the financial components of the value streams (Volume, overhead cost, labor cost, productivity, etc.)
• Other responsibilities and analytics as required.
• Assures company compliance with internal and external financial policies.
Required Skills and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-7 years relevant accounting experience.
Prior manufacturing/industrial industry experience/exposure preferred.
• Prior Distribution and Transportation/industrial industry experience/exposure preferred.
• Career-motivated, dedicated, committed employee and business partner with the Distribution and Transportation Operations team.
• A hands-on, take-charge financial professional with strong financial, analytical and detail oriented skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with prior experience working effectively in a demanding, fast changing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to partner across organization in a collaborative and positive manner.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite and ERP accounting system required, SAP desired.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.