Energizer Materials Coordinator in Dayton, Ohio
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
As a Material Coordinator, you will be coordinating the flow of materials/sub-finished/finished goods in and out of the plant based on production requirements, MRP and Inventory Space constraints as well as maintaining inventory accuracy via end-of-job inventory reconciliation and investigations. You will liaise between production schedulers, buyers, off-site warehouse personnel, material handlers and the receiving dept. to ensure materials are available when the line requires without downtime/shortages.
• Plan material located in-house and off-site or incoming material from external sources in accordance with the published production schedule
• Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and mfg. processes
• The individual is responsible to effectively communicate material needs, due dates, quantities via e-mail, phone or face to face conversation with the off-site personnel, buying team and receiving personnel
• This individual will produce and distribute bill of material/pick list documents for the materials specialist's in light of the production schedule.
• This position will be the main point of contact for backflush location inventory accuracy and maintaining routine and timely reconciliations at the end of production runs/jobs
• Responsible for investigating variances, root cause analysis and reporting metrics on scrap rates/inventory accuracy
• Arranges in-plant (dept. → dept.) material transfers to meet production schedules
• Create STO (Stock Order Transfers) when required
• Assist in the operation of material handling equipment to move material when required.
• Assist with cycle count / physical inventory count of components and wip periodically
• Utilize the company's MRP system (SAP) to view system requirements, forecasts, usage and safety stock (Days on hand) to determine appropriate levels of inventory in the plant
• Prepare basic reports utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel & Word) and SAP
• Distribute daily shortage risk notifications to pertinent individuals (i.e. buyers, receiving, schedulers, production…etc.)
• Assist with formulating, improving and maintaining standard work for materials department
• Timely escalate material issues with appropriate production and direct supervisors
• Perform additional duties, tasks and projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• High School Diploma/GED required
• 2-3 years of equivalent experience in a materials, MFG planning, receiving/inventory control position, or another related role recommended
• Experience with Lean manufacturing or knowledge of and ability to adapt to a Lean Culture
• Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the schedule and effectively expedite where needed
• Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Expert Problem Solving – Driving Issues to Root Cause / Corrective Action with a process-oriented, analytical, problem-solving ability
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to such tasks as inventory control, material handling and tracking, and job order requirement planning
• Possesses a high level of attention to detail
• Possess strong work ethics, task accuracy, strong communicator, professional
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers and management
• Ability to interpret an assorted number of tasks or instruction
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience with SAP in a professional setting
• APICS Certification would be considered a plus
• Reporting metrics experiencepreferred
Working Relationships & Environment
• Weight: Lifting up to 40#, with the ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
• Job requires: Leadership skills, Analytics, Self-direction, problem solving, attention to detail and communication
• Physical capabilities: Stretching, lifting, climbing, twisting, turning, standing, pulling, pushing, reaching and bending
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.