Energizer Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Dixon, Wisconsin
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Under general supervision of the Engineering Leader, plans, develops and conducts studies relating to equipment productivity improvement, process capability, material handling, methods & process improvement, and building projects: prepares complete proposals and timelines for implementation and follows through to completion on a project management basis. Also gets involved with trouble-shooting mechanical processes on all production lines with regard to their performance, manufacturability, and competitiveness. The Mechanical Engineer, as directed, will lead new equipment research, justification, design, acquisition, and implementation.
• Provide technical leadership in process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs and increase production efficiencies.
• Assist maintenance team in achieving equipment uptime targets.
• Manage capital projects. Lead team members in executing capital projects and other process improvement projects.
• Create and maintain mechanical drawings for equipment utilizing a CAD software, Solid Works experience preferred.
• Update management, peers and team members through effective oral and written communication of work progress and findings.
• Contribute to the development of innovative process improvements with ideas, concepts, collaboration and intellectual property.
• Develop new prototype designs/apparatus/test methods by leveraging appropriate resources to validate performance and demonstrate efficiency of new materials or processes.
• Work with inside and outside resources to procure materials & mechanisms, develop designs, and refine systems involving process improvements, technology enhancements, and ergonomic improvements.
• Collect, organize and analyze data from a variety of sources, make conclusions and
• Participate in cross-functional meetings and interface effectively with other functional areas.
• Participate in and support Continuous Improvement Programs such as 6S, Lean, and Quick Change Over.
Required Skills and Experience
A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Process related Engineering fields and or on the job experience:
4 year B.S. degree w/ at least 7 years professional technical experience in a production manufacturing environment
• A creative, motivated, self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to lead projects or significant portions of projects, with limited supervision.
• Good written, oral and inter-personal skills and ability to perform well in a high intensity team environment.
• A hands-on candidate having experience developing complete manufacturing systems, packaging experience is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Solid works.
Working Relationships & Environment
Peers are 2nd Sr. Mechanical Engineer and Sr. Electrical Engineer
Work with Packaging Associates and Maintenance Colleagues (3 shifts)
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing / warehouse environment.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.