Energizer Maintenance Operator in Fennimore, Wisconsin
. We are seeking candidates for our Maintenance Operator position to work on our 12 hour night shift (7 shifts during a 14 calendar day period). Candidates will support Safety and Environmental Health for the facility, following all current policies and procedures and making-an-effort to improve the Safety and Environmental Health performance of our facility. Candidates will maintain, repair and operate high speed rotary production equipment. Performing general duties to monitor and adjust equipment to maintain high quality, standard run rates and low scrap. Perform all specified cleaning requirements, cleaning and tearing down for preventative maintenance. Perform all required quality control checks and fill out required department records. Accountabilities
- Diagnose mechanical difficulties and correct those requiring machine adjustment, replacement of parts or minor reworking of existing elements.
- Operate assigned equipment to produce a quality product. Shares the responsibility with other team members.
- Insure that all equipment is operating properly and producing at acceptable quality standards.
- Work to close tolerances and make adjustments to intricate and precise machinery.
- Able to tear down, inspect, and reassemble, with new or reworked parts, all of the equipment assigned to the Maintenance Operator.
- Have sufficient initiative and ingenuity to occasionally make workable suggestions for improvement of existing equipment. It is required that the Maintenance Operator be "safety minded" at all times.
- Insure that the quality of the work meets established standards and specifications.
- Know the product and process well enough to anticipate problems with the equipment or material before they happen and thus avoid scrap and downtime.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Production setup and crossover for incoming shift.
- This position requires occasional overtime above the scheduled overtime that comes with the continuous work schedule. Required Skills and Experience
Skills in the following areas are preferred: PLC controlled high speed rotary equipment, frequency drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, machining and trouble shooting. Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and knowledge of Omron controls is a plus. Must be able to demonstrate proven hands-on experience in the following: • Proven repair of manufacturing equipment and troubleshooting capability in an industrial environment • Good analytical and problem solving skills. • Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills a must. Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, technically challenging environment. Required Experience Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or Electrical Mechanical is preferred or a minimum of two years manufacturing environment. Working Relationships & Environment
Work Environment: Working conditions are normal for manufacturing and an office environment. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.