Energizer Material Control Operator in Franklin, Indiana
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win. Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. Position Summary
The Material Handler will be responsible for loading and unloading product deliveries, staging products based on customer orders and assisting with organizing and maintaining existing inventory. Accountabilities
• Ability to maintain the pace of production while demonstrating a high level of accuracy • Ability to meet production quotas • Attention to detail and quality • Able to maintain a consistently reliable attendance record • Be a self-starter - demonstrate initiative to identify and apply solutions to remove roadblocks • Demonstrate ownership and willingness to continuously improve self and area of accountability • Follow all safety standards at all times • Recognize continuous improvement opportunities to processes and work environment to improve safety, quality and productivity Specific Accountabilities
• Load, unload and move material within assigned area utilizing the SAP system • Load and unload delivery trucks and compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipment • Operate forklifts and routine preventative maintenance • Complete daily forklift maintenance inspections. • Work closely with the inventory group to monitor supply levels and submit purchasing recommendations on a regular basis • Collaborate with the inventory control and purchasing groups to determine when product is missing in a delivery • Pick/Pull/Kit raw materials • Perform housekeeping tasks such as sweeping; remove scrap, pallets, cardboard, etc. • Check inventory to verify availability of needed stock • Maintain product stock in work area • Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the Manager when materials get to the restocking point • Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading material and equipment • Operate shrink-wrap machine • Sort, count, package, label, and unpack inventory that is received • Inspect shipments for damages, loss, or defects, and notify the Manager of findings • Stock shelves in the warehouse • May also perform additional duties as assigned Required Skills and Experience
• High school diploma/GED required • Ability to lift loads of 60-100 pounds • At least 1 year experience operating forklifts • Experience completing paperwork • Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to 8 Hours of standing, bending and/or lifting (up to 50 pounds) • Must have good verbal and written communication skills • Must have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills • Ability work in a team environment as well as work independently Preferred Skills and Experience
• Associate or Technical degree • SAP or Warehouse Management System experience • Previous Plant/Warehouse, Packaging, Manufacturing experience preferred * Current and valid OSHA Fork Truck License Working Relationships & Environment
• Must be able to work both individually and as a team member • Good communication skills with team members and management • Will report directly to department supervisor An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.