Energizer Packaging Machine Operator (Weekend Day shift) - $1000 New Hire Bonus in Franklin, Indiana
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win. Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. Position Summary
The primary function of this position is to safely operate various battery manufacturing or packaging equipment within established productivity and quality standards. Accountabilities
• Operate battery manufacturing or packaging equipment efficiently to meet productivity expectations • Perform quality checks and record data as required • Be a self-starter - demonstrate initiative to identify and apply solutions to remove roadblocks • Demonstrate ownership and willingness to continuously improve self and area of accountability • Make equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain quality standards • Maintain equipment cleanliness and good housekeeping of work areas • Follow all safety standards at all times • Recognize continuous improvement and 5S opportunities to processes and work environment to improve safety, quality and productivity • Operate high speed production equipment • Changeover/set-up equipment as needed for different product types • Complete all paperwork and computer data entries accurately and timely • Occasional use of microscope and gauges for quality checks • Understand and demonstrate safe work practices • Demonstrate high levels of good housekeeping practices • Other duties as assigned Required Skills and Experience
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including but not limited to lifting, walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders • Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision • Must be available to work 12-hour day and/or night shifts. • Must have good verbal and written communication skills • Must have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills and abilities Preferred Skills and Experience
• Must be motivated to strive for continuous improvement • At least 2 years of production/manufacturing operations experience
• High School diploma or equivalent and previous manufacturing experience preferred • Possess mechanical aptitude for fast paced environment Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to shift supervisor • All applicants must complete basic background check and pre-employment drug screen (post offer) • Noise level and working conditions are similar to those for a light industrial manufacturing/warehouse facility An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays.
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.