Energizer Technical Operator in Garrettsville, Ohio
This is Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Our Garrettsville, OH Energizer facility produces products used in our North American battery manufacturing plants to make our renowned Energizer and Ray-O-Vac branded batteries. If you enjoy working in a team-oriented, quality focused, and fast-paced environment, you are the right fit for our team! We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage effective on your hire date.
Energizer matches your 401k contributions dollar for dollar up to 6%. The company also provides 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid Parental Leave and paid vacation time. Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team.
Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected. We support flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Position Summary
The technical operator is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the assigned machines, related systems, and for the quality inspection of the produced parts. It is expected that the operator will operate multiple machines with a minimum of supervision using initiative in fulfilling the duties necessary to maintain safety, quality, cost and delivery for the operation.
The job requires competence in the use of a variety of equipment to perform these duties/tasks, and thorough knowledge of safety and quality hazards.
The technical operator will analyze the equipment and process in an attempt to determine the causes of malfunction and trouble areas, and to improve the performance of the equipment and process.
The operator is responsible for safely producing parts of good quality.
In addition, the operator will actively participate in the continuous improvement initiatives and cost reduction programs as a team member.
The operator will provide leadership to agency associates and training as needed.
The operator will effectively communicate with other team members including but not limited to other technical operators, maintenance colleagues, tool room colleagues, and supervisor. Accountabilities
- Thoroughly know the job safety requirements and follow all safety procedures.
- Make constructive recommendations for operations improvement and to help reduce waste.
- Communicate with other shifts and colleagues by verbal, written, and/or electronic means.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by supervisor.
Maintain housekeeping standards and 5S standards at all times. Specific Accountabilities
Perform lock out tag out on applicable equipment and maintain authorization with annual training.
- Be trained and comply with the requirements of the hazardous communication program. Includes use of basic hand tools and machinery as needed (such as socket wrenches, allen wrenches, pedestal grinder).
- Use appropriate inspection equipment to conduct required checks and measurements including physical, visual, and dimensional part checks. Document inspection results in computer data base system or other means as required. Promptly notify team members of quality issues.
- Remove finished parts from machine when needed and transfer to shipping containers after performing required quality checks. Complete required equipment cleaning, lubricating, and inspecting checks (CLAIR). Address any deficiencies. Properly start and shutdown machines and auxiliary equipment including mold heaters and grinders.
- Promptly address production interruptions (such as material feed problems or machine stoppage) by resolving issue, restarting equipment, or contacting maintenance or other colleagues for assistance.
- Perform basic maintenance on robots, machines or other equipment as required including the cleaning of robot vacuum cups and filters; mold wipes; and emptying of vacuum cans.
- Complete required production documentation and system checks. Enter data into computer systems as required.
- Operate Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) and skid mover (powered and unpowered).
- Participate on teams (such as Tier Meetings, ACW, Safety, Kaizens, Quality, Problem Solving).
- Provide oversight, training and direction of Agency Associates. Required Skills and Experience
High School or equivalent experience. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. Possess basic math, language and decision making skills. Possess intermediate reading, logic and problem solving skills. Preferred Skills and Experience
Operate machinery, tools using hand controls, foot controls, visual acuity and manual dexterity. An Offer to Grow On
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.