Energizer Industrial Account Manager in Middleton, Wisconsin
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Proactively manage an inside sales territory in the industrial/commercial channel. Territories are well-established but will involve prospecting, meeting sales objectives, and strategic planning in a creative and cost-effective manner.
Manage Customer Base
• Generate sales to existing customer base in excess of specified corporate quota.
• Manage profitability of accounts with emphasis on maintaining and growing margin.
• Implement marketing initiatives with customers in an effort to retain and build their business.
• Be prepared to work outside of normal business hours as necessary.
Prospecting New Business
• Contact potential customers using leads and prospect lists provided from various sources to generate sales of company products in the defined territory.
• Convey product features and benefits, price quotes, sale terms and delivery schedules.
• Achievement of quota established in the annual Sales Incentive Program with focus on sales and profitability.
• Routinely make 55 outbound sales calls daily, record 85 minutes of daily “talk time” on the phone and record 20 “sales activities” (emails, fax)
• Customer prospecting at or in excess of directed levels.
Customer Service and Process Management
• Complete paperwork and internal processes including database management, order processing, complaint resolution, credit or receivable issues and other customer issues as is necessary within the sales and service cycle.
• Complete in a timely manner all reporting necessitated by management for proper functionality of group including call logs, price change requests, customer maintenance forms, promotional lists and other documentation.
• Routinely document sales activity in the company's CRM software.
• Provide territory reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Demonstrate willingness to follow routine processes and procedures in tracking orders, exchanges, returns, commissions and expenses.
• Provide reporting on field travel and trade show appearances in a timely manner.
Tradeshows and Conventions:
• Plan for coverage of relevant trade shows/conventions and manage the provision of required materials (booth, displays, literature, samples).
• Attend trade shows/conventions and represent the product line by staffing the booth, making presentations and meeting with customers/prospects.
• Prepare reports summarizing activity and results generated by shows.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience Profile
• Some knowledge of direct sales/telemarketing, typically gained through 3 years of experience via telesales or customer service.
• 4 year bachelor's degree required.
• Developed communication, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
• Strong PC skills.
• Ability to create and modify complex Excel worksheets.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
• SAP and CRM experience is a plus.
Working Relationships & Environment
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.