Energizer Sr. Packaging Engineer in Middleton, Wisconsin
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Manage the design, development and implementation of packaging and displays from initial design creation through production and distribution to meet Marketing goals and Sales account needs.
• Understanding of customer testing requirements (i.e. Amazon, CPSC)
• Familiar with IATA regulations, emphasis on lithium
• Understanding of packaging materials (corrugated, film…)
• Understanding of packaging equipment & processing (i.e. thermoforming, heat sealing, filling…)
• Packaging development for new products, product improvements and new opportunities to support marketing objectives. This development includes brainstorming and ideation along with design, sampling and package testing.
• Managing packaging projects through structural design, material selection, prototype and performance testing, to specification development.
• Evaluation and implementation of cost reduction opportunities.
• Manage vendors, suppliers and contract packaging operations, on potential designs, to determine production capabilities and methods to optimize materials, structural components and production efficiency.
• Interaction with manufacturing operations and plant personnel in developing packaging processes and procedures that best utilize labor.
• Creation of Bill's of Material to provide Supply Chain for item set up in SAP.
• Creation of component, construction and pallet specifications and the loading of these documents into the content management system.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment. Works under very little guidance. May lead or provide direction to others.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent field required.
• 4-6 years experience with minimum of 4 years directly in Packaging or Industrial Engineering.
• Must be organized to efficiently handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups across the organization and foster teamwork.
• MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• AutoCAD (2D drafting) preferred
• Solid Works (3D drafting) preferred
• Cape (pallet software) preferred
• SAP preferred
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Strong organizational skills managing multiple projects at one time
• Works well in a fast pace environment
• Experience in POP and Permanent display development
Working Relationships & Environment
• Strong cross functional relationships, written & verbal (i.e. marketing, sales, supply chain….)
• Works closely with Plant quality, engineering & materials management
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.