Energizer National Account Manager, Albertsons in Portland Work from Home Remote, Oregon
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The National Account Manager (NAM) position is a key contributor in delivering profitable growth for Energizer. The NAM plays a critical role in developing customer relationships at every level and generating additional business by strategically identifying and addressing opportunities for revenue, growth, profit, product distribution, merchandising, pricing and promotion. The NAM works cross functionally with internal teams to achieve stated business objectives. The NAM will lead our efforts at Albertsons and other grocery retailers. Previous experience with Albertsons and grocery retailers, is a requirement. The NAM will communicate regularly with all stakeholders daily, both internal (ENR) and externally (customer & broker). The position will be located in the western US, with a strong preference for Boise or Portland. Other locations within the airport hubs of DEN, PHX, SFO, LAX may be considered.
• Develop and execute annual business plans to efficiently achieve customer & Energizer goals/objectives
• Communicate industry and competitor developments as well as recommend adjustments to the business plan and tactics to aggressively respond to changes in order to lead response execution
• Manage overall customer P&L and deliver financial targets
• Develop robust 2-3 year account plans for sustainable growth for the customer and Energizer
• Communicate regularly with all stakeholders daily, both internal (ENR) and external (customer, broker)
• Develop, manage and execute annual Business Plans. Manage monthly reporting and recommendations to deliver expected sales and GM plan
• Foster strong relationships with customer Buying Teams and internal support teams including Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, Shopper Activation, Retail and Sales Planning to ensure long term partnerships that promote sales growth
• Collaborate with Energizer's Customer Supply Chain Team and Customer Planning Team to drive initiatives, regular status meetings and ensure forecast accuracy
• Manage all customer contracts and assume responsibility for trade fund management and promotion ROI analysis
• Collaborate and provide direction for execution by brokers to achieve Business Plan and strategic imperatives
• May also perform additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5-10 years of sales experience in the consumer-packaged goods environment
• Experience working with brokers for both headquarter and retail services
• Ability to manage trade budgets and volume forecasting
• Demonstrated understanding of P&L and the decisions that impact P&L
• Demonstrates an understanding of complexities associated with national grocery retailers and localized divisions
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proactively identify issues and recommend solutions
• Experience or ability to work effectively in teams
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Must be comfortable communicating with senior leaders and building relationships both internally and externally
• Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint), Nielsen and/or IRI.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Customer selling experience preferred
• Experience with Nielsen, IR and analytic tools
• Working knowledge of Demantra Forecast and Planning Application
Working Relationships & Environment
• This role reports to a Director of Sales. Key relationships internally will include Brand Team, Sales Planning Department, Shopper Activation, Retail, Finance and the Supply Chain Team.
• Ability to travel as needed
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.