Energizer Associate Buyer, Indirect Procurement in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Buyer - Indirect is deeply involved in conducting analysis to support category strategy development and execution. The Buyer - Indirect will support supplier relationship management and the achievement of cost/performance targets. He or she will lead category/supplier management for sub-categories and suppliers assigned to them.
• Conduct quantitative analysis using Excel and/or Access
• Develop category and supplier profiles
• Ensure supplier scorecards are up to date and maintain accurate and timely information on the supplier
• Support negotiations with suppliers and cost model development across their category and lead efforts for their assigned sub-categories/suppliers
• Establish a knowledge of stakeholder management processes and ensure engagement with stakeholders throughout the process (both during the gate reviews and outside)
• Support the development category specific pipeline
• Manages and develops Buyer(s) [if in a manager role and not individual role]
• Conducts reliable analysis when requested
• Manages day-to-day supplier relationship activities
• Supports risk and compliance program management
• Conducts supply market analysis
• Executes sourcing and product cycle plan projects independently
• Tracks procurement performance metrics
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of negotiation tools/techniques and applies them regularly when given opportunities
• Manages sophisticated financial analysis and business cases independently
• Demonstrates deep expertise in benchmark and should-cost analyses using competitive intelligence and reports – viewed as a subject matter expert and coach by other buyers
• Demonstrates mastery in the Energizer strategic sourcing process
• Develops and implements sub-category procurement strategy, goals and savings targets in line with company strategy and procurement best-practices for assigned areas
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or Business Management preferred
• Indirect Procurement experience preferred.
• Media, IT, Services or Consulting experience is a plus.
• 3+ years of experience with demonstrated success of managing projects
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a decentralized organization with minimum supervision
• Experience in quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel/Access (beyond basic data entry)
• Strong analytical thinking with demonstrated results
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly language
• Ability to set priorities and make decisions
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience in managing supplier relationships and conducting negotiations
• Experience working in SAP, Ariba, Power BI
• Strong facilitation skills to collaborate with stakeholders across company to implement sourcing strategies
• Strong understanding of costs, working capital, and other financial metrics
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs
• Knowledge and use of eProcurement and eSourcing methodology
Working Relationships & Environment
• Will report to the Sr. Category Manager
• Some travel required, up to 30%
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.