Energizer Associate Buyer in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Buyers are involved in supporting various aspects of category management. Buyers are required to have strong analytical skills with extensive experience using Excel and/or Access to conduct quantitative analysis. Buyer's responsibilities include:
• Supports sourcing strategy development - conducts opportunity analysis, data collection, etc.
• Supports supplier negotiations – gathers commodity data, price profiles, etc.
• Manages day-to-day supplier relationship activities
• Supports risk and compliance program management
• Conducts supply market analysis
• Executes product cycle plan projects
• Executes sourcing projects
• Manages procurement performance metrics
• Strong Teamwork and collaborative skills to work with other company departments to plan and execute on sourcing projects
• Excellent quantitative analytical skills with extensive Microsoft Excel/Access experience
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong understanding of costs, working capital, and other financial metrics
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly language
• Knowledge and use of eProcurement and eSourcing methodology
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• Major/Discipline: Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Business Management
• 2-4 years of Procurement experience
• Experience in managing supplier relationships
• Experience conducting negotiations
• Experience in quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel/Access
• Experience in managing projects
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Professional skills, such as good commercial and legal understanding of outsourcing contracts
• Relevant experience in Outsourcing and/or Offshoring industry would be an advantage
• Experience in Finance Management – financial modeling, commercial and risk analysis
• Superior analytical/problem-solving and communication (both written and oral) skills
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to the Manager of Indirect Procurement
• Willing to travel domestically & globally (as needed) – less than 15% in total
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.