Energizer Cash Application Associate in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The main focus of this position is the daily application of the various methods of cash received into the company lockbox accounts. The key ability is to analyze and apply checks, wire transfer and electronic payments from a national customer base on an independent basis. This role has direct responsibility for the timely and accurate posting of these items with minimal supervision.
• High daily, line-item volume of unprocessed remittances from national and regional retailers
• Data input accuracy and minimal error rate
• Understand and navigate SAP cash application tools and environment
• Working knowledge of Mercury (deduction) tool
• Assist other associates with: customer account portfolios, obtaining back-up from repositories and vendor portals, and other departmental responsibilities as needed
• Analyze and accurately apply remittance details on incoming electronic, check and wire payments
• Review on account, over payments and short payments before posting to ledger
• Communicate with customer and credit team to obtain more data for proper application of line items
• Collaborate closely with AR specialist and deduction team on reversals, misapplications and credits
• Utilize customer portals to obtain more detailed remittance data
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Receivable or financial services environment
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• HS Diploma (or equivalent)
• Prior experience with a large entity accounting platform
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Bachelor or associate degree in business preferred but not required
• Basic accounting skills should be demonstrated in prior roles
• SAP experience preferred but not required
Working Relationships & Environment
• Daily internal interaction with other Cash Associates, Credit Team, Credit Managers, Deduction Associates, Commercial Team, Brokers, Supply Chain and external customers
• Travel Requirements - none
• Physical requirements - none
• Work schedules that vary from typical business hours - no
• Exposure to health risks or conditions that may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment - no
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.