Energizer Engineer III, System Administration in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Engineer III (End User) performs a critical role in defining and implementing the end-user technology delivery strategy for Energizer. This role offers the opportunity to lead the evolution of end-user computing technology, build partnerships with the global IT team, the Energizer user community and external partners, and participate in long-term planning to ensure the virtual, physical and mobile delivery components across the global Energizer enterprise meet current and future business needs.
The ideal candidate is an expert IT end-user engineer who designs, develops, implements and maintains a standard end user delivery model across the global Energizer landscape. The Engineer applies this expertise across all aspects of the end-user delivery framework to plan and deliver improvements and innovation, lead complex projects, and manage vendors to accomplish goals.
• Define requirements and manage execution of standard desktop imaging to meet security requirements and business needs.
• Partner with End User Computing management and other IT teams to evaluate hardware and software needs.
• Document tools and standards for all End User teams' needs, in partnership with IT Control & Compliance team.
• Provide expertise and input on end-user computing technology solution requirements and operational impacts to project teams. Continuously research and review emerging end-user computing technologies.
• Manage vendors delivery services to Energizer.
• Oversee management of incidents as related to end-user delivery model
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of Associate's degree in computer science or a related field is required or 5-10 years of demonstrated relevant experience.
• Displays a mastery of Windows 7, 8, 10, Microsoft system registry, Active Directory, Group Policy, and hardware/software inventory tools
• Fluency in creating and distributing software application packages and Microsoft WSUS
• Familiarity with SCCM, Citrix, VMM, Intune
• Hands-on experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and desktop cloning technologies
• Requires a complete understanding of all aspects of computer security including patch management, desktop based attack vectors, and anti-virus protection schemes
• Strong customer service mindset, with excellent interpersonal, collaboration, oral, presentation and written communication skills with ability to work with diverse and distributed teams at multiple levels of internal and external customers and build customer trust and confidence
• Experienced with technical documentation
• Proficient in English, both verbal and written
• A continuous improvement, analytical and problem solving mindset with an ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology, engage other members of IT and vendors as needed and critically think about alternative views to optimize decision making and standardize processes.
• Proven leadership skills with ability to introduce new end-user computing delivery solutions, drive issues to completion, and prioritize and deliver on multiple projects at the same time with competitive needs and milestones with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to make significant decisions and recommendations on complex issues to achieve long-term results and strategic objectives.
• Desire to stay current on best practices, trends, and technologies in end user delivery.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Desired certifications are preferred (MSCE/MSCDT/MOS/MCAS, ITIL, TOGAF)
• Experience in global implementation projects.
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to the Manager, Infrastructure
• Key relationships internally includes all areas of the IT team and the global Energizer user community
• Key relationships externally with vendors providing hardware, software and services involving end user delivery technologies
• Located at suburban St. Louis, MO corporate headquarters.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Work schedule may vary from typical business hours.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.