Energizer Litigation Counsel in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Energizer is seeking a junior to mid-level attorney, with a strong litigation background, to assist with the day-to-day management of Energizer's global litigation function, as well as support trade compliance and other functions. The Litigation Counsel role will support Energizer's global business, providing legal advice and support on a broad range of issues, including general litigation matters (US and global), global customs, global trade topics, tax compliance, and other, related matters facing a growing consumer products company. The position will also support Energizer's consumer claims team, providing advice and guidance where necessary. This position requires a business-minded, practical thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to build knowledge in particular areas of law. Energizer is looking for an independent individual who will thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Work as a business partner to provide legal support cross-functionally, and globally
• Support and/or oversee litigation matters with guidance from Energizer's head litigation counsel
• Serve as the key legal cross-functional contact for trade and tax matters, globally
• Lead legal oversight of consumer claims process, globally
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to understand and tailor messages to various audiences
• Must possess strong legal and organizational judgment, with a demonstrated ability to drive solutions
• Intellectual property experience a plus
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team as projects dictate
• Ability to think strategically, and find resolutions to complex legal issues
• Ability to quickly identify critical legal risks and to appreciate both the immediate and longer term impacts of different legal courses of action
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize time spent on particular matters by value and risk
• Global mindset and ability to work virtually with business colleagues in other regions
• Must be detail-oriented
• High initiative, self-starter and willingness to learn new areas of the law
Required Skills and Experience
Required Education: Juris Doctor
Required Licensure: Minimum of one active and good standing State bar admission (preferably barred in Missouri)
Required Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years' experience firm or as in-house Counsel in a similar capacity
Working Relationships & Environment
• Will report to Assistant General Counsel in St. Louis
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.