Energizer Senior Financial Analyst – Global FP&A in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) is a member of the Global Financial Planning and Analysis team (FP&A). The team is responsible for providing analysis and decision support to Leadership for all financial cycles including Actual results, Forecasting, Strategic Planning, and Annual Business/ZBB Planning. Specifically, the SFA will assume responsibility for financial analysis of the Lighting Products Segment, Corporate overhead analysis, along with aiding in the maintenance and development of reporting tools for the Finance organization and analyzing consolidated company results.
• Provide financial insights, analytics, and support of Energizer's consolidated financial performance.
• Support overhead analysis, forecasting, and planning.
• Develop and facilitate key financial processes throughout the year, including actual results, quarterly forecasts, zero based budget reviews, and the annual business plan.
• Lighting Products Segment Financial Support: The SFA will be a member of the Lighting Products Segment Team. They will provide insight and variance analysis on the Lighting Product Segment Financial Results (Net Sales and Gross Margin) versus ABP, Forecast, and Prior Year by reviewing results by market in Hyperion Planning (HPL). They will present the results during monthly team meetings and will communicate the results to the Finance Director.
• Corporate Function Financial Support for Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) and Quarterly Forecasts (QFs): The SFA will work with Corporate Overhead Functions (and the Global FP&A Team) in developing detailed budget and forecast projections (headcount and non-headcount). The plans will be submitted to the Hyperion Planning System (HPL), and the SFA will be required to understand drivers of the ZBB/QF results, and challenge the teams on spending trends.
• Assist Finance Director and Finance Managers with monthly cost center expense analysis and reconciliation, by pulling data out of SAP and reconciling to forecast and ZBB.
• Decision Support: Influence and provide decision support to the Lighting Products Segment Team and SG&A Functions in the Corporate Organization, to maximize ROI and deliver budget/forecast commitments. As Energizer acquisitions are made, the SFA will be looked at to provide any ad-hoc analysis and recommendations they feel is relevant to delivering business objectives.
• Consolidated Energizer Reporting: The SFA will aid the Global FP&A Team in providing analytical support of all Energizer financial cycles, including analyzing and preparing management report-outs including variance analysis and commentary on monthly/quarterly results, forecasts, ZBB, and ABP for the Company.
• Develop and maintain financial tools, reporting files, templates, and processes to support the key financial processes throughout the year.
• Maintain data integrity by ensuring accurate financial reporting on all presentations, report-outs, and ad-hoc requests.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Approximately 5+ years of experience in financial analysis (P&L and Working Capital), or similar job accountabilities
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with strong modeling and analysis skills
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Highly organized, with excellent time management skills in order to manage deadlines effectively and efficiently
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external business partners
• Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-resolution skills along with the desire to understand drivers of performance
• Continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements to eliminate non-value added work
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of driving workload forward to completion
• Good business acumen and ability to handle confidential information
• Excellent written and oral skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
• MBA degree preferred
• Hyperion Planning experience preferred
• SAP experience preferred
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to Director, Global FP&A
• Key relationships internally include Executive Leadership, Area Finance Leadership, Corporate cost center owners, and Lighting Products Segment Team
• Minimal (if any) Travel Requirements
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.