Energizer Sr. HR Communications Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Sr. Communications Specialist will help develop and execute communications plans to inform, educate and engage Energizer colleagues in our company mission, strategy, culture and accomplishments. He/she will work under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications, as part of the Global Human Resources organization.
This position requires an individual who can roll up their sleeves to meet the fast-paced and ever-changing communications needs of our business. He/she will coordinate day-to-day internal communications activities, which include editorial content creation, communications consulting to our business functions, and execution of communications tactics for a variety of special projects.
• Cultivate relationships with stakeholders across the business to drive editorial content for Energizer's internal communications channels. Identify and execute storytelling opportunities in written, infographic and video formats.
• Write and edit high-quality materials, including but not limited to: feature stories about events, initiatives and people; manager talking points and FAQs; project summaries, creative briefs and video scripts; PowerPoint presentations; and other general business communications.
• Manage global communications calendar and coordinate distribution of enterprise publications to ensure appropriate timing and message consistency across channels.
• Lead development and/or coordination of one-voice HR communications to the enterprise (including, but not limited to: benefits, compensation, talent acquisition/employer brand, performance management, career development, HR services, inclusion and diversity).
• Ensure seamless execution of communications and events associated with quarterly global town hall meetings.
• Lead or participate in HR and cross-functional special projects to ensure visibility and unified communication across initiatives.
• Proactively seek out and leverage external trends and best practices to streamline and enhance existing communications operations.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
• 3-5 years of professional work experience, ideally within a PR agency or in-house communications function. Experience working in HR or as a communications partner to an HR department is a plus.
• Superior writing and editing skills, with a passion and ability to translate complex topics into simple yet engaging narratives; writing samples will be requested.
• Strong project management experience with a demonstrated ability to drive communications campaigns from inception to completion.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and in teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and content management systems.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Knowledge and experience in the practical application of digital communications best practices and tools.
• Experience creating multimedia assets (i.e. fact sheets, infographics, videos) in Adobe Creative Suite or other similar programs.
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications. Sr. Communications Specialist will interact with key partners in Human Resources and other departments, and coordinate with external communications support teams.
• Travel Requirements – None
• Physical Requirements – Typical office
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.