Energizer Sr. Category Development Manager in St. Louis or Atlanta, GA, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Sr. Manager, Category Development, serves as the customer-facing category & industry expert, providing value-added analytics and insights that help drive category performance at the retailer. This position acts as a key strategic leader assisting in the development and execution of the strategies & tactics that will drive total category growth for the retailer. This role directly manages the Category Development Team for the Home Center & Dollar Channels. The position has people leadership responsibility for 3 direct reports.
• Category / Industry Expert
• Leads assessment, analysis, & insight generation
• Direct channel responsibility with regular ongoing, customer face-to-face meetings
• Owns category management & sales analytics strategy
• Responsible for building & maintaining category relationships with key customers
• Expand category influence at key customers within the Home Center & Dollar Channels.
• Oversee reporting, analytics, and planogram development for key customers
• Work directly with the buyers/merchants, providing strategic recommendations that drive category growth
• Responsible for building and expanding the organization's category management capabilities and influence. This includes development of direct reports along with processes and training needed for the team to be successful.
• Represents category at broader, internal cross-functional team meetings
• May also perform additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Required Experience: Minimum 10 years' related experience. 5 years minimum in a Commercial role and 3 years minimum in Category Management experience required
• Required Education: Bachelors of Arts or Bachelors of Science required
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
• Experienced in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Power Point, Access)
• Experienced in Planogram software (JDA/EZ POG/etc)
• Developing & delivering compelling selling stories / presentations
• Ability to effectively build and manage relationships both internally and externally
Preferred Skills and Experience
• People leadership experience
• Syndicated Data (AC Nielsen or IRI)
• Consumer Products background
• Project management / prioritization
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports to Director Americas, Insights and Category Management
• Direct management of 3 full time colleagues
• Direct interaction & relationship building with key customer merchants/buyers/leadership
• Frequent interaction with Sales Director & National Account Managers
• Support & interaction for cross-functional teams as needed: Shopper Activation, Trade Marketing, Area/Global Marketing
• Travel Requirements (15%-25%)
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.