Energizer Senior Manager, Sales & Operations Planning in St. Louis|Danbury|Dayton, Missouri
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning is the chief architect, teacher, conductor and, when required, the enforcer of the S&OP process. This role is a full time position that can be located in St. Louis, MO; Danbury, CT, or Dayton, OH that drives continuous improvement of the Global S&OP Process. Responsibilities include S&OP process improvement, setting cycle cadence, definition of key business metrics, post event review and ongoing audit of the process.
• The Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning look critically at the process to fit the company's needs and culture, leveraging internal and external experts. Additionally, the owner will outline how the S&OP process will align with already-existing processes, such as annual operating budget processes, strategic planning or short-term customer fulfillment.
• The S&OP process is composed of a collection of processes that culminate in an agreed-upon plan that's finalized in the executive S&OP meeting. The typical steps are Product Review, Demand Review, Supply Review and Financial Review. The Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning will work with the step representatives to ensure that their current process practices are well-aligned with the goals of the overall S&OP process. For example, the Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning will work with the commercial organization to map how the local demand signals are collected and communicated to the demand planners, as well as how the statistical forecast is incorporated in the demand-planning process.
• Design the format and goals of the S&OP meeting. Including premeeting preparation, a template for the agenda, the required participants, the escalation and resolution process, decisions needed and the expected outcomes.
Measurement and Continuous Improvement
• Define key performance indicators (KPIs). The owner will identify the most important KPIs to measure the success of the S&OP process. The Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning will get agreement on how these KPIs are calculated, work with the business to determine targets and identify the systems required to collect the necessary data.
• Design an audit program to ensure compliance. The Sr Manager, Sales & Operations Planning will design and implement an audit program that will measure adherence to the process and continued efficacy.
• Ongoing coaching and development specific to the S&OP Process.
Required Skills and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in engineering/operations research, supply chain management (SCM) or business administration.
• In-depth understanding of strategic business goals and objectives
• In-depth understanding of demand and supply planning
• Understanding of financial planning
• Proven experience in process definition and implementation, as well as in change management
• Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, ranging from factory schedulers to high-level executives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, buy-in and commitment
• Strong background and experience in S&OP, Business Process mapping and continuous improvement
Preferred Skills and Experience
• A master's degree in Supply Chain Management or Business is preferred
• Project Management Certification (PMP), or Supply Chain certification CSCP, CPIM or CS&OP
• Ability to effectively relate with multiple levels of leadership, both internally and externally
• Influence with a high level of credibility - Develop credibility and ability to sell recommendations at all levels of the organization; deliver objective, data-driven solutions with appropriate business perspective communicated in concise and understandable fashion
• Collaboration – Ability to identify stakeholders and create win-win situations with other functions; ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders and team members
• Results-oriented and proactive mindset
• High level of initiative
• Exercise good judgment – ability to manage trade off recommendation to balance best outcome for the company
• Process-focused — ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
Working Relationships & Environment
• Reports directly to Senior Director Global Planning
• Will closely partner with Sales, Customer Supply Chain, Internal/External Suppliers, Operations, Procurement and Finance
• Willing to travel domestically & Internationally – up to 25% in total
- Location open to St. Louis, MO; Danbury, CT, or Dayton, OH area
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.