Energizer Blending Team Lead in United States of America, Dayton, OH, Ohio
Blending Team Lead
United States of America, Dayton, OH
Lead the Line to initiate, monitor, assist, support, and improve all aspects of the key metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost, by driving a Lean Culture through continuous improvement.
•The safe operation, set-up, repair, preventative maintenance, and the regulation of machine cycles, to meet production metrics.
•Assist employees as necessary to maintain required production, complete repairs, preventative maintenance and changeovers.
•Collaborate with technical personnel for installation, repairs, adjustments and process improvements.
•Insure the line is adequately supplied to meet production metrics.
•Work from established procedures including Safety, Quality, Standard Work and verbal instructions.
•Have a thorough knowledge of all department operations and the ability to demonstrate process proficiency.
•Provide back up support and relief to maintain production metrics.
•Maintain work areas and tools according to Visual Management and 5S Standards.
•Maintain all required records.
•Maintain visual board per the standard work instructions
•Prepare/Lead Tier 1
•Engage in the continuous improvement culture and seek opportunities to eliminate waste by participating in RPS (Rapid Problem Solving), and RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) events.
•Escalate all issues affecting the key metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Required Skills and Experience
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years equivalent experience in leadership position
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Provide direction, instruction, training and audit adherence to Standard Work Procedures.
• Assist in the competency evaluation process for employees.
• Use Global Auto Care Operating System methods for problem solving, root cause and corrective action.
• Communicate with counterparts regarding key metrics and departmental issues.
• Coordinate daily work assignments and hold daily standup meetings with operators within the department to review production metrics and issues.
• Search for opportunities to eliminate waste.
• Collaborate with other shift Team Leaders to get a consensus for all Standard Work changes.
• Adapt to Standard Work variances to help solve problems and concerns.
• Be a role model to encourage good attendance and work habits.
• Demonstrate the importance of setting and reaching goals and getting things done right.
• Establish sound organizational and computer skills.
• Refer all questionable conditions to Group Leader or other appropriate personnel.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Follow all prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
• Seek to attain Yellow Belt Certification or higher.
• Lifting up to 40#, with the ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Job requires : Leadership and mechanical abilities, self-direction, possess decision making, problem solving, conflict resolution, strong communication, and computer skills.
• Physical capabilities : Stretching, lifting, climbing, twisting, turning, standing, pulling, pushing, reaching and bending.
Working Relationships & Environment
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.