Energizer Sr. National Account Manager in Work from Home in Portland, Oregon
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, we're creating a game plan for the future – one that defines where and how we'll play, and what it takes to win.
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
The Senior National Account Manager (Sr. NAM) position is a key contributor in delivering profitable growth for Energizer. The Sr. NAM plays a critical role in developing customer relationships at every level and additional business by strategically identifying and addressing opportunities of revenue, growth, profit, product distribution, merchandising, pricing and promotion. The Sr. NAM works cross functionally with internal teams to achieve stated business objectives. The Sr. NAM will lead our efforts at Kroger and other strategic retailers. Previous experience with Kroger and grocery retailers is a must. The Sr. NAM will communicate regularly with all stakeholders daily, both internal (ENR) and externally (customer, broker). The position will be located in the Pacific Northwest, with a strong preference for Portland.
• Develop and execute annual business plans that efficiently achieves customer & Energizer goals/objectives
• Communicate industry and competitor developments and recommend adjustments in business plan and tactics to aggressively respond to changes; lead response execution
• Manage overall customer P&L and deliver financial targets
• Develop robust 2-3 year account plans for sustainable growth for customer and Energizer
• Communicate regularly with all stakeholders daily, both internal (ENR) and external (customer, broker)
• Develop & manage Annual Business Plan and execution. Manage monthly reporting and recommendations to deliver expected sales and GM plan
• Foster strong customer relations with customer buying teams and key customer internal support teams including Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, Shopper Activation, Retail and Trade Marketing to ensure long term partnership that promotes sales growth
• Collaborate with Energizer Customer Supply Chain Team and Customer Planning Team to drive initiatives, regular status meetings and ensure forecast accuracy
• Manage all customer contracts, trade fund management and promotion ROI analysis
• Collaborate and provide direction to be executed by brokers to achieve Business Plan and strategic imperatives
• May also perform additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• 5-10 years of relevant sales experience
• Experience working with food brokers for both headquarter and retail services
• Ability to manage trade budget, volume forecasting
• Understand the P&L and the ability to understand decisions can have on the P&L
• Demonstrates an understanding of complexities with national grocery retailers and localized divisions
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proactively identify issues and recommend solutions
• Experience or ability to work effectively in teams
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Must be comfortable communicating with senior leaders and building relational skills, both internally and externally
• Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint), Nielsen and/or IRI.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Customer selling experience preferred
• Experience with Nielsen, IR and analytic tools
• Working with Demantra forecast and planning application
• Expertise in consumer package good environment
Working Relationships & Environment
• This role reports to Director, Sales. Key relationships internally will include Brand Team, Sales Planning Department, Shopper Activation, Retail, Finance and Supply Chain Team.
• Ability to Travel as needed
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.